Tuesday, January 14, 2014

US more open minded than EU?

I have been leading my only Druid guild for more than 8 years now. I have experienced a lot, have had a lot of fun and received a lot of input. 
Some of those input and experiences are, that US wow players seem to be more interested in alternative gameplay than Europeans. On the other Hans, Europeans seem to be more competitive than the US.
Obviously these are massive generalizations and they are purely based on one single elements, which is how people have responded to my only Druid guild over the years. 

More than three quarters contacted me regarding my guild, are US. More US seem to be appealed to the idea of only druids than EU. 

it is a strange one, and a bit sad as well. Currently my guild has not grown for about half a year, the size remain the same. It is unfortunate, as I know many are interested in joining but can't, due to the split between EU and US. It somewhat also makes me wonder, how come the EU don't find single class guilds appealing. Perhaps it is the competitive and gear aspect which drives a lot of EU, while maybe for the US it is the fun factor and the lifestyle of wow, so to speak.

Again, these are very generalized, and I know all types of people are everywhere. But it still makes me wonder sometimes what my guild would have become, in case it was not EU but American?


That said, maybe it would be a possibility to launch a Druids of the Beast on the US one day, in case the possibility, support and help arrives.

Just thoughts of the night.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if EU has the same problem as the US, but US people tend to be very flaky. They'll say they're interested in something, but then they'll change their mind, or become inactive once the glamour has worn off.

    ReplyDelete